Once a booking comes in from booking.com we send the guest a welcome email. Which contains the following:-
- Confirmation of the booking details
- Details on how to find us on arrival.
- We request an arrival time to make sure we will be around.
- Offer to book the guests a table at the neighbouring Pub, which can be very busy in the evening.
- Send details of local Taxi firms that know where we are.
- Checkout times and breakfast times.
Those that respond tend to ask for a table booking at the Pub and sometimes a Taxi to get them to/from a local event. This also means they are less likely to cancel. In most cases those that respond to our email leave a great review.
If we don't get an initial response, we mark the booking as a potential 'no show'. We then send another email closer to the arrival date and again if no response is received we prepare for a 'no show' or cancellation. Those that arrive ignoring our advice are surprised when the Pub is fully booked for evening meals or the Taxi company can't pick them up when required. Their review's also tend to be lower, often stating that they had problems getting an evening meal or a Taxi. You just can't win.