1. knowing your worth and value. You just don’t lower down your price to compete with the lowest price. Know your edge among your competitors that would add more value to your property and that gives you more confidence for asking a reasonable price
2. know your strength and weaknesess. Business is like experiments. We learn from our experiences. The more indulging you are and always have a personal touch with your clients and always care for them the more you will strengthen your business. That’s how you know if they are happy staying in your property or not. Always have a listening ear to know your weaknesses and improve it for the better. And focus also on something that makes your client happy - giving activities, socialize with them and hang out with them
3. read reviews and always take it to the next level. Reviews are there to know their feedback and that’s how we improve our services. I take it in a positive level. I don’t take it personally.
4. know that one of the basic foundation of business is not just your property but the people working for your company. Take good care of them and it will have a great impact to your lovely guests. It’s a chain reaction: happy staff = happy clients
5. Closely monitoring the prices around and availability throughout the day and for the weekends in particular. If I noticed the closest competitors I have is good as sold for certain days I raised my price coz That’s how I play the game. Increase the price when it is in demand.
6. Most competitors I have are only offering fan rooms and so I upgraded my dorm beds to aircondition room for a price difference of $2-$4 dollars average per night. People are willing to pay a bit higher for their comfort. I think it’s a wise move coz I create a different market among the rest. And I am the only one offering such promotions with aircon.
7. Part of the best things to increase your sales is to give the best service possible. It has an indirect effect but results can be overwhelming. Referrals can be overflowing. Recommendations are unstoppable. That’s how you should create a long term plan. These travelers are traveling from one places to another. They will keep talking and sharing their experiences and best places they have been too so far. And ooops they will take photos of their memories if you give that best experiences. And social media is a very powerful tool to spread the good news about you. The real ambassadors who helped me with my business are my staff and my clients. That’s why I value them so much. I am just grateful having them.
8. Currently making an additional incentive program for my staff. Whether you like it or not. It’s always good to give back. One of the reasons I am enjoying a comfortable life is because people work for me and money works for me. I am just grateful for everything. So a share of a pie makes my heart happy. Share your blessings. I tell you, you will have the most loyal staff who would go long term with you. Though I am strict in certain things and they know their bounderies but I have that soft spot not just for my clients but also for my staff. Results can be very overwhelming. They will love your company. A company to die for. Hahaha
9. I am doing a revamp for my website. I hired a new marketing team to make it more appealing to prospect clients. I am also re branding to make sure when people talks about Malapscua Island they will think of my property.
10. In business and advertising, we need to make some noise to be noticed and be remembered. That’s why from time to time I am hiring professional videographer to feature what we offer highlighting that we just don’t offer that comfort and homy place but we provide that great experience and adventure and be able to socialize among the guests and become good friends. It’s the memories that create that story and makes them share their experience with us to the rest of the travelers. Right there and then you create a business through the power of mouth.