We update room names upon request, according to our list of standard room names.
Standard room names keep information clear for the guest and ensure names are consistent across the website – in all 42 languages that we cover. We know these names can also help to convert more page/site visitors into actual bookers. Extra features and special details can be described in the room and property descriptions.
To update a room name, simply log on to your extranet and follow these steps:
- Go to the 'Property' tab and select 'Property layout' or 'Room details', depending on what appears for your property.
- Click 'Edit' beneath the room/unit you’d like to change.
- Choose the relevant drop-down box under the following categories to make changes:
- 'Room type' describes the specific kind of accommodation on offer
- 'Room name' gives you a choice of standard names already translated in 42 languages, keeping names clear and consistent across Booking.com
- ‘Custom name’ allows you to tag a standard room name with your own unique name, so you can easily identify it in your extranet. This is for your reference only.
- Click on 'Proceed' to save your changes.
If you need to amend a room name for a room that already has upcoming bookings, please get in touch with us via your ‘Inbox’ tab (selecting ‘Property details’ as the topic, then ‘Room details’ as the subject).
Updating the 'Room name' or 'Room type' will likely affect future reservations and the accommodation of guests. So, remember to check your upcoming bookings first.
When making any changes, make sure you also load the correct rates and availability for that room. You can also contact your local partner support team for assistance.
For your own reference and to help you manage your rooms and bookings, you can create custom names. These custom names won’t be seen by bookers, but you’ll be able to see both your custom name (and corresponding standard room name) in your extranet.