To help you keep on top of your reservations – and avoid double bookings – you may want to sync your Booking.com calendar with another calendar. That could mean importing your Airbnb or HomeAway calendar to your Booking.com calendar, or exporting your Booking.com reservations calendar into your normal calendar of choice, such as iCal or Google.
In fact, for this to work properly, we recommend both exporting and importing your Booking.com calendar. That way, you’ll be able to manage your bookings across all your platforms.
If you’re new to Booking.com, we recommend doing this before your property becomes bookable on our platform.
To be able to import or export calendars, you need to have:
- a property with 20 room types or fewer, and a maximum of one unit per room type.
- a property that doesn’t use XML connectivity services such as property management systems (PMS) or channel managers.
- a maximum of one active rate plan.
- a Booking.com calendar view that shows 30 days at once. You can switch to this view under ‘Your Calendar Settings’ in the extranet ‘Rates & Availability’ tab.
To check if this option is available to you, go to the‘Calendar’ tab or 'Rates & Availability’. Under your room names, you’ll see the option to ‘Sync calendar’ if your property is eligible for this feature.
Note that not all property types are eligible for this feature.
To import and export your calendar, follow these steps:
1. Import calendar
This option is useful if you work with other online channels and wish to import and sync another calendar with your Booking.com calendar.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Copy the URL link from your chosen external calendar.
2. Log on to your extranet and click on the ‘Calendar’ tab or ‘Rates & Availability’ (or a specificroom name within the tab to access its calendar), then scroll down to the ‘Sync calendars’ box below above the calendar.
3. Click on the blue ‘Import calendar’ button. In the pop-up box that appears, paste in the ‘Calendar URL’ link from your external calendar that you use on other sites.
4. Under ‘Name your calendar’ add your chosen name and click on the blue ‘Import Calendar’ button to save the changes.
5. Wait for this message to appear: ‘[Calendar name] is now synced to your Booking.com calendar. You can now refresh this calendar and add more imported calendars.’
6. If this message appears: ‘This is not a valid iCal URL. Please try again’.’, it’s possible the link isn't accessible or it’s the wrong kind of calendar link.
7. Every calendar you import has a ‘Refresh’ and ‘Remove’ option which appears alongside it. Clicking ‘Refresh’ manually – and automatically – syncs the imported calendar. Clicking ‘Remove’ deletes the imported calendar and stops any syncing.
2. Export calendar
This option lets you copy your room statuses on Booking.com to your external calendar such as iCal, Google or Outlook.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Log on to your extranet and click on the ‘Calendar’ tab or 'Rates & Availability’ (or a specificroom name within the tab to access its calendar).
2. Scroll down to the ‘Sync Calendars’ box below the calendar.
3. Click on the ‘Export Calendar’ button. In the pop-up box that appears, click on ‘Copy link’ and paste this link into your external calendar, e.g. iCal, Google or Outlook. You can choose to only sync bookings, or sync bookings and the days you are closed.
To choose how often the calendar syncs, check the settings on the external calendar you're using.
Note that syncing of individual reservations is not always immediate, so we don’t recommend using your calendar as a real-time record of your reservations.