Depending on your property type, you may have this option available.
To be able to import or export calendars, you need to have:
- a single-unit property (i.e. sell a maximum of one unit per room type).
- a maximum of one active rate plan.
- a Booking.com calendar view that shows 30 days at once You can switch to this view under ‘Your Calendar Settings’ in the extranet ‘Rates & Availability’ tab.
Do you want to make sure your Availability is accurate across all online channels? There are two ways to do this:
Import Calendar option
This option is useful if you work with other online channels and wish to import and sync another calendar with your Booking.com calendar.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Copy the URL link from your chosen external calendar.
2. Log on to your extranet and click on ‘Calendar’ (or a specific room name within the tab to access its calendar), then click on the ‘Sync calendars’ box below the calendar.
3. Click on the blue ‘Import calendar’ button. In the pop-up box that appears, paste in the ‘Calendar URL’ link from your external calendar that you use on other sites.
4. Under ‘Name your calendar’ add your chosen name and click on the blue ‘Import Calendar’ button to save the changes.
5. Wait for this message to appear: ‘[Calendar name] is now synced to your Booking.com calendar. You can now refresh this calendar and add more imported calendars.’.
6. If this message appears: ‘This isn't a valid iCal URL – please try again.’, it’s possible the link isn't accessible or it’s the wrong kind of calendar link.
7. Every calendar you import has a ‘Refresh’ and ‘Remove’ option which appears alongside it. Clicking ‘Refresh’ manually – and automatically – syncs the imported calendar. Clicking ‘Remove’ deletes the imported calendar and stops any syncing.
Export Calendar option
This option lets you copy your room statuses on Booking.com to your external calendar such as iCal, Google or Outlook.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Log on to your extranet and click on the ‘Rates & Availability’ tab or ‘Calendar’ (or a specific room name to access its calendar).
2. Then scroll down to the ‘Sync Calendars’ box below the calendar.
3. Click on the blue ‘Export Calendar’ button. In the pop-up box that appears, click on ‘Copy link’ and paste this link into your external calendar, e.g iCal, Google or Outlook. You can choose to only sync bookings, or sync bookings and the days you are closed.
To choose how often the calendar syncs, check the settings on the external calendar you're using.