‘Preferred’ is an exclusive status we award to our high-performing properties. Once you’ve met the criteria listed below – you’ll benefit from extra features, in return for a slightly higher commission amount.
Preferred properties will get extra visibility in the search results, next to a ‘thumbs-up’ sign. A larger number of customers can easily see that we recommend your property as one performing well on Booking.com — and one that’s popular with bookers.
Preferred partners get an average of up to 65% more page views and 35% more bookings.
Which criteria do we apply?
You should be performing amongst the top 30% of properties in your area and match the following criteria:
- An average guest review score of 7.0 or higher
- Higher-than-average conversion rates (attracting lots of visitors to your page, who then go on to book)
- Low cancellation numbers (in relation to the number of visits to your page)
- A flawless payment record: you always pay your commission invoice in time
- You offer a good amount of availability and a selection of popular rates to Booking.com
To find out if you’re eligible to join the ‘Preferred’ programme, log on to the extranet and click on the ‘Opportunities’ tab. If you meet the above criteria, you can click on the option ‘Join now’ to opt-in and start enjoying the benefits of being a preferred partner.
Please note: After you have been part of the ‘Preferred’ programme for 90 days, we’ll verify your eligibility each quarter to ensure you’re still meeting the criteria of being a high-performing property.
To check your status throughout the year, check the ‘Opportunities’ tab in the extranet and click on ‘Preferred partner programme’. We will also let you know by email about any improvements you should make to stay in the programme and how much time you’ll have to work on this.