We understand you may not always be able to meet your guests in person, or that there may be particular details you want guests to know in advance. So it’s important that you have the option to communicate any information ahead of their arrival.
If you want to specifically inform guests where to pick up keys, you can read ‘How can I set up key collection?’
Otherwise, if you don’t have a reception and/or want to make sure guests know about other details:
- You can send the guest a message by clicking on the ‘Reservations’ tab in the extranet.
- Click on the guest name or reservation number.
- Underneath ‘Conversation with Guest’, you’ll see a button called ‘Send a new message’.
- Alternatively, you can call the guest if your message is urgent.
With message templates, you can save time by sending custom replies to your guests, without typing the same thing over and over again. Once you’ve set up your templates, all you need to do is select the one you want and press send.
To create new templates or update existing ones:
- Log into the extranet and click on the ‘Property’ tab.
- Click on ‘Messaging preferences’, then scroll down until you find a section called ‘Your templates’.
It’s best to get in touch with the guest as quickly as you can. Closer to check-in, they may be travelling and have limited access to their emails and phone.
Do you want to set up Booking Assistant auto-replies in the extranet?
Read more about auto-replies in this article.
Find out more about the Booking Assistant.
See how others do it.
There are thousands of property owners just like you on the Forum.Ask another partner now