You have the opportunity to reply to all reviews that contain approved comments*. Any response you make is shown on your page, right below the review.
Replying to a review offers you the chance to interact with guests in a positive way, and appeal to new customers. The feature helps to provide balance, giving you the opportunity to express your viewpoint. This not only benefits you but all visitors to our website.
In the case of a negative review, it’s best to see it as a chance to turn it into something positive. How you respond to a negative review says more about your property than the negative review itself. Look for potential opportunities to improve the experience at your accommodation for future guests.
How can I respond to a guest review?
You can add a reply to a guest review by following these steps:
- Select the ‘Guest reviews’ tab in the extranet.
- Click on ‘Reply’ and then ‘Send’ when you’re ready.
- You can only respond to reviews with comments.
- You must reply either in the same language as the review or in English. Responses provided in a different language will not be displayed online or translated.
- After you submit a response, our team will check that it complies with our guidelines before it’s published online.
Can I edit or remove my response to the guest review?
You can edit or delete your reply to the guest review via the extranet.
- Select the ‘Guest Reviews’ tab in the Extranet.
- Click on ‘View your response’ then ‘Edit’ or ‘Remove’ and confirm your steps.
Here are some helpful tips for responding to reviews:
- Be personal: Don't just write "Thank you" in response to a positive review. Take the time to craft a personalised message. This shows that you care about each of your guests.
- Less is more: Keep your responses concise and to the point.
- Originality is appealing: Make sure that every response is unique and specific. A genuine reply is key for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Change a negative into a positive: Be genuine and look for potential opportunities to improve the experience at your accommodation for future guests.
- Double-check your work: Take a little extra time to make sure you've written what you intended. We can remove a response if necessary, but it's always better to get it right the first time around.
*Note: You may have noticed that the reply button is missing for some reviews with comments. This is because these comments were removed as they breach our policies for display. Such comments are visible in the extranet but are not published publicly on your property page.