Allowing guests from your country to book without a credit card can have benefits for you as well as them.
By setting up the ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’ feature, you can increase your stayed bookings by an average of 5%.
For your guests, it keeps the booking process quick and seamless for those who don’t have a credit card or don’t want to use one. As well as improving their experience, you’ll increase your visibility among guests who are searching specifically for properties that offer this feature.
Note: This feature will be applied to all your room types and rates.
How will adding this feature affect my cancellations and no-shows?
We know that cancellations and no-shows can cause major hassle for you. So we’ve made improvements to the ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’ feature, to help you attract the right customers for your property:
- To be able to book without a credit card, guests must be logged in with their Booking.com account.
- To avoid misuse of this feature, guests can’t book without a credit card when they’ve already got an upcoming reservation with Booking.com with the same check-in and check-out dates.
Do you want to set up bookings without credit card details?
To activate this, visit the Opportunity Centre, find the opportunity and click on ‘Take action’.
If you don’t see this option in your Opportunity Centre, just follow the steps below:
- Log on to the extranet and click on the ‘Property’ tab.
- Select ‘Policies’, then scroll down to ‘Guest payment options’.Click on ‘Change/Add details’ to switch the ‘no credit card needed’ option on or off.
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page when you’re done.