(Update 11 June 2018)
We are aware that certain districts are excluded from the Act and properties in those areas don’t require the license. If this applies to your property, please take the following actions:
- Tick the box ‘My property does not require this license to operate’ on the Property → Settings page in your extranet.
- Contact our Customer Support to have your property reopened
Please note that our systems need to be able to register this action from your side and that verbal confirmation via eg. phone is not sufficient.
(Update 9 June 2018)
As a result of changes announced by the Japanese government earlier this week, we have to cease our business with properties that do not have the required license on June 15, 2018.
Unlicensed properties have received several messages regarding this matter before, but unfortunately there are still properties without a valid license number in our systems. In light of upcoming reservation requirements dictated by the new Act, we have therefore had to take the decision to close those properties on Booking.com at this time.
If you’re closed due to the Act but wish to be reopened, please follow below instruction
- Submit your property license as soon as possible via your extranet.
Go to Property → Settings, insert your number and contact our Customer Support to have your property reopened.
What happens to your reservations if you remain unlicensed?
- Up until Monday 11 June, 6PM (Japanese time), your reservations will remain active in the system
- After Monday 11 June, 6PM (Japanese time), we will start reaching out to guests who have made reservations at your property to assist them with relocation
Why have properties been closed already, instead of June 15th?
The recent changes in the Act state that also pre-existing reservations with a check-out date on or after June 15th cannot be honored without the required property license. We decided to close unlicensed properties with immediate effect, because it is our responsibility to guarantee the best customer experience.
IMPORTANT: Please note that due to legal obligations, it is required that YOU insert the valid license number in our system yourself. Our Customer Service team or Local Office are NOT allowed to do this for you. You can reach us 24/7 via your extranet inbox if you have any additional questions.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter. We hope to be able to reinstate our partnership with you as soon as possible.