My 4 tips for new Booking.com partners
As a key contributor in the Partner Forum, Zsolt has a wealth of experience and advice to share with partners around the world.
Are you new to Booking.com? Here are the top four tips Partner Forum contributor Zsolt recommends for new partners
1. Don't skip the details
- Make sure that you go over every little detail that can be set up in the Booking.com Extranet, especially around rate plans, policies and amenities.
- Use the Fine Print area to specify details about important procedures at your property (i.e. breakfast orders can only be taken up until 7PM the night before, like at my property). Make it short and very important.
2. Make your payment policies a priority
- When you're setting up your policies, be sure to have a way to process guest credit/debit cards as this will decrease the chance of getting no-shows and cancellations inside your policy period. Ask Booking.com to go through a verification so you can receive guest card information.
- If the above isn't working for you and you can’t process credit/debit cards, you can opt in for Payments by Booking.com, where you will receive a virtual card which you can process yourself, risk free. Some countries also have the option to have the funds collected by Booking.com transferred into your bank account once a month.
3. Communication is key
- Make sure that you set up your description in a way that best reflects your property style.
- Create messaging templates for certain types of reservations or welcome messages in a lot of languages (i.e. Reservation with Breakfast - Welcome/Confirmation Message, Reservation without Breakfast - Welcome/Confirmation Message, Airport Transfer Procedure, etc.).
- Set up your availability for 365 days or more, so people who make future plans can reserve your property. It also helps you get more visibility on Booking.com’s search results page.
4. Take full advantage of all eligible opportunities and tools offered to you
Ready to dive in? Join the conversation now to connect with fellow partners!