If you want to close your property/rooms to prevent arrivals on days when you’re unable to check guests in, you can set up a ‘No arrivals’ restriction. Just log into the extranet and follow these steps:
- Under the ‘Rates & Availability’ tab, click on ‘Calendar’ and you’ll see a list of your rooms next to a range of dates.
- Click on the drop-down arrow under the room rate you’d like to apply the restriction to.
- Under 'No arrivals', click on 'Edit'.
- Select a date range or specific days of the week that you’d like to make unavailable for check-in.
- Under the room name, tick 'I don't want guests to check in on these dates' and click on Save changes'.
If you’ve set up a ‘No arrivals’ restriction, guests can’t book a stay that starts on the dates you’ve selected, but they can still book if those days fall within a wider date range.
For example, if you set a ‘No arrivals’ restriction for a room/property on 24 November:
- Guests cannot book that room/property for 24-26 November because they cannot check in on 24 November.
- Guests can book that room/property for 21-26 November because they arrive on a day that doesn’t have a ‘No arrival’ restriction.
Tip: Restrictions offer a way to apply special conditions to the reservations you receive. Depending on your calendar type, you’ll be able to set certain restrictions.