Offering flexible booking policies can help increase your bookings, but it can also mean more cancellations. To guarantee you get paid – and to save you hassle looking for replacement guests – we’ve developed Risk-Free Reservations.Check your programme status
What are Risk-Free Reservations?
Our customers love flexibility, but we understand that flexibility can bring cancellations – which means extra hassle (and loss of revenue) for you. That’s why we’ve developed Risk-Free Reservations – a new way for you to offer flexible policies, safe in the knowledge that you’re guaranteed to get paid.
How do Risk-Free Reservations work?
To reduce the risk of cancellations, we’ll offer guests an upgraded (more flexible) cancellation policy on your behalf for selected one-night reservations. If a guest books this flexible option and later decides to cancel, we’ll try to find a new guest to take their place. If we can’t find one, we’ll cover the full cost of the initial reservation ourselves.So, no matter what happens, you get your money.
What’s more, the Risk-Free Reservations programme is completely free. There are no extra charges or commission. And there’s no need to worry about extra work – we’ll take care of it.
Which rates are Risk-Free Reservations applicable to?
- This is only applicable to a selected group of semi-flexible and non-refundable rooms and rates.
- Only single-night reservations are eligible. If your property has a minimum length of stay of more than one night, you won't be able to join the programme for the moment.
- We guarantee you’ll get paid – but the payment may take longer to arrive in your account than normal non-refundable rates.
What happens when a guest cancels/doesn’t cancel?
- If the guest doesn’t cancel, you charge the credit card after the upgraded policy expires.
- If the guest cancels and we find a replacement guest, you charge the new guest’s credit card as normal.
- If the guest cancels and we can’t find a new guest, we’ll pay you the price of the reservation via virtual credit card.
Will the applicable rates look different on my page?
No. When a guest is booking your hotel – and if they are offered an upgraded policy – it will look just like a normal flexible policy.
How do I join the Risk-Free Reservations programme?
At the moment, Risk-Free Reservations are only available for selected regions and partners. If you fall within that group, once your property receives official communication about the programme, you’ll automatically be added to the programme.
What if I don’t want to join the Risk-Free Reservations programme?
We understand that your business model may not suit this programme. If you don’t want to offer Risk-Free Reservations, just sign into your Booking.com extranet, go to the ‘Property’ menu, then click on ‘Policies’. Scroll down to ‘Risk-Free Reservations’ and opt out. If you’d like to rejoin the programme at some point in the future, you can use the same process to opt back in.
Need more information?
Check out our FAQs