At Booking.com, we have partnered with a variety of different connectivity service providers (including channel managers and property management systems) to make sure properties have access to the best products and services via their preferred system.
We want to make sure our partnership with connectivity service providers continuously helps properties to grow their business. In order to maintain high quality partnerships, we have created a system called the Connectivity Partner Programme. The programme is designed to encourage connectivity service providers to take specific actions that benefit the properties they work with. In exchange for each action, the provider gets points in the programme.
Connectivity service providers are rewarded when they offer quality connections as well as a range of useful products and services. They also earn points when they help us test new products, or share specific feedback with us.
Depending on their score, they’ll be in one of three tiers in the programme. The tiers reflect their overall performance and can help you identify which providers might be the right fit for your business.
- What are the tiers in the Connectivity Partner Programme?
- How can I see which tier my connectivity service provider is in
- How do providers earn points in the Connectivity Partner Programme?
What are the tiers in the Connectivity Partner Programme?
In the programme, connectivity service providers earn points which translate into an overall score. The maximum score is 1800 points. Depending on their score, partners will be in the Standard, Advanced or Premier tier.
As soon as a provider starts working with Booking.com, they’re enrolled in the Connectivity Partner Programme as a Standard partner. Standard partners are connectivity service providers that have a total score of under 850 points. With these partners, you can safely update your Booking.com rates and availability, and retrieve your reservations via their system.
Advanced partners are providers that have a total score of between 850 and 1199 points. Like Standard partners, Advanced partners allow you to update your Booking.com rates, availability and retrieve your reservations. However, unlike Standard partners, they’ve adopted more products and therefore offer a wider range of functionalities on their system. The exact nature of these functionalities depends on the provider themselves.
Premier partners are our top and highest-value connectivity service providers. They all score 1200 points or more. These providers offer the most advanced systems, with the widest range of products and services. The quality of their connection is usually higher than Advanced partners, too.
How can I see which tier my connectivity service provider is in?
To see where your Connectivity service provider stands in the Connectivity Partner Programme, log into your Booking.com extranet and click on ‘Account’, then ‘Channel manager’.
Here, you’ll see a list of the connectivity service providers that are part of the Connectivity Partner Programme as well as their tier, their connection quality score, a link to their website and the chance to connect to them directly.
How do providers earn points in the Connectivity Partner Programme?
In the Connectivity Partner Programme, providers earn points within 4 different areas:
- Business Value. This score reflects how much business a connectivity provider generates.
- Property Performance. This score is a reflection of how much providers actively help their properties improve performance – whether it’s boosting revenue, conversion or other performance metrics. This includes sharing information or advice about new products.
- Products & Quality. Providers earn points when they adopt Booking.com’s APIs. Each of these APIs is designed to help you manage your property online.
- Engagement. When providers share feedback with us, they can earn points. They can do this by participating in a research interview or beta-testing a new product.