We update room names by request, according to our list of standard room names.
Standard room names keep info clear for the guest and guarantee names are consistent across the website – in all 42 languages that we cover. We know these names can also help convert more page/site visitors into actual bookers. Extra features and special details can be described in the room and property descriptions.
To update a room name, just log on to your Extranet and follow these steps:
- Go to the Property tab and select Property Layout or Room Details, depending on what appears for your property.
- Click Edit under the room/unit you want to change.
- Select the correct drop-down box under the following categories to make changes:
- Room type describes the specific kind of accommodation on offer
- Room name gives you an option of standard names already translated into 42 languages, keeping names clear and consistent across Booking.com
- Custom name lets you tag a standard room name with your own unique name so you can easily identify it on your Extranet. This is for your reference only.
- Click Continue to save your changes.
If you need to change a room name for a room that already has upcoming bookings, just get in touch with us by sending a message through the Inbox tab (select Property Details as the topic, then Room Details as the subject).
Updating the Room name or Room type will likely affect future reservations and the accommodation of guests, so remember to check your upcoming bookings first.
When making any changes, make sure you also load the correct rates and availability for that room. You can also contact your local partner support team for assistance.
For your own reference and to help you manage your rooms and bookings, you can create custom names. These custom names won’t be seen by bookers, but you’ll be able to see both your custom name (and corresponding standard room name) on your Extranet.