Hello & welcome to the Partner Forum! This is a community of enthusiastic and friendly partners that help each other out and initiate inspiring conversations – we hope you enjoy taking part in them.
To make sure everyone can get the most out of the forum, we’ve come up with a few ground rules for participating.
The short version
We’re lucky to have such a diverse community of partners from all corners of the globe – and we want to keep it that way.
To maintain a helpful and collaborative atmosphere, it's important that everyone treats each other with respect. That means thinking before we act, and using the forum only for its intended purpose. For more information on what that looks like, take a look at the guidelines below.
The full guidelines
How to post and comment
- Search for existing discussions before you start a new one (your question may have already been answered by someone else)
- Respond to answers in a way that adds to the discussion
- Provide constructive answers and actionable feedback
- Be specific: use clear subject lines and give sufficient context to your question
- Be accurate when stating facts
How to select a profile photo
Your photo is a chance to show your authenticity to other partners. Think of this as your business card.
It could be your headshot, an image of you at a networking event, your company logo or your property.
If the photo isn’t fit for a professional space, it may be removed. If that happens, we’ll let you know and give you the opportunity to upload a new one.
Some examples of photos to avoid:
- Images of celebrities, animals, landscapes or phrases
- Images that could be perceived as vulgar, pornographic, illegal or offensive and therefore not appropriate for a professional community
- Images that are not your own or could infringe on any copyright
How to create your profile description
The more robust your profile is, the better that other partners can know who they’re talking to.
Here you can tell us where you’re from, your level of expertise as a partner and the type of property that you manage. Your description can also include your hobbies, your travel background and other career interests. Think of this as your cover letter.
As with any professional networking space, it’s best practice to avoid these themes
- Personal values that could cause contention
What not to do
This is the serious stuff. We reserve the right to (partially) remove your post, and to ban or suspend your account, at our sole discretion if you:
- Share personal details (about someone else), including but not limited to contact details (such as e-mail addresses, social media handles and telephone numbers), account/booking information, and commercially sensitive information like rates and occupancy levels.
- Post or link to spam. That includes viruses, malicious software, advertisements, self-promotion and deliberately incorrect answers to questions.
- Post content that isn’t your own. Be respectful of other people’s intellectual property. You may recommend an app or solution to the Partner Forum, or a relevant forum discussion that provides a solution to another member’s question – but you must state whether it is free or a paid service. When you share personal details, remember that they will be available to others outside of Booking.com with access to the Partner Forum and we cannot control what they will do with this information.Booking.com is therefore not responsible for any misuse of any personal details shared via the Forum by third parties. It is also your responsibility to have obtained any necessary consent prior to sharing personal data via the Partner Forum. Booking.com processes any personal data provided in the Partner Forum in accordance with its privacy statement.
- Share offensive, inappropriate, graphic or hateful content. Think of it this way: fellow partners also like to travel and may end up being your guests one day. Treat them like you treat your guests – with kindness and respect.
- Threaten or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or disabilities.
- Distribute confidential information about Booking.com, its partners, affiliates, vendors or any third party.
Can I use the Partner Forum to request support directly from Booking.com?
This is a space where you can chat to other partners and ask for their advice.
If you have a specific problem with the Booking.com extranet, or need assistance from a member of our team, please contact our support squad via your extranet inbox.
Help us make this a safe space by reporting any behaviour or content that goes against our guidelines to email@example.com.
Updates to guidelines
These guidelines are subject to updates without notice, so we recommend that members read and review these guidelines on a regular basis.
The Partner Forum is provided “as is” and “as available” with no express or implied warranties of any kind including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, non-infringement, and title. Booking.com disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the Partner Forum. You should assume total responsibility for your use of the Partner Forum.
Booking.com does not take responsibility for the correctness, completeness, up-to-datedness or quality of the information provided on the Partner Forum and Booking.com makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Partner Forum is accurate, complete or up to date. Furthermore, Booking.com is not liable for any damage or corruption caused by viruses (or similar mechanisms such as worms, lock outs, metering, or self-destruct mechanisms) on computers or other terminal equipment in connection with visiting, using and/or downloading data of any kind from the Partner Forum. You are personally responsible for protecting your equipment appropriately from viruses and other risks on the Internet.
The content, links and resources on this forum is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you, as a user, should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this forum.
Booking.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, but disclaims the obligation, to monitor and/or remove content from any blog or post on this forum. Booking.com may analyse browsing patterns and usage trends of the Partner Forum and its users with the general information collected. Booking.com may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas on the Partner Forum where users transmit or post communications, and the content of any such communications.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Partner Forum, provide any materials or download any materials from the Partner Forum. If you no longer agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions or if you are dissatisfied by the Partner Forum and/or its content, you must cease use of the Partner Forum.
THE WEBSITE AND ASSOCIATED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, BOOKING.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. BOOKING.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTY THAT THIS FORUM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THIS FORUM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES BOOKING.COM MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PARTNER FORUM. BOOKING.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE PARTNER FORUM OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE PARTNER FORUM.
IN NO EVENT SHALL BOOKING.COM OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, VENDORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PARTNER FORUM, EVEN IF BOOKING.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Booking.com, its affiliates, agents, vendors or suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use or misuse of the Partner Forum, including, without limitation, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, the infringement by you, or any other subscriber or user of your account, of any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the substantive laws of the Netherlands, under the exclusion of any international treaty and under exclusion of any conflicts of laws principles. Exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
For questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact Booking.com Partner Help at firstname.lastname@example.org
©2018. Booking.com B.V. All rights reserved.