To stay on top of all your reservations and avoid double-bookings, you should sync your Booking.com calendar with all other ones. You can import your Airbnb or HomeAway reservations calendars to Booking.com's, or else export your Booking.com calendar to something like iCal or Google Calendar.
We recommend both exporting and importing your Booking.com calendar. That way you can manage your bookings across all platforms.
If you're new to Booking.com, we recommend doing this before your property opens for bookings on our platform.
To import or export calendars, you'll need:
- A property with 20 room types or less, and a maximum of 1 unit per room type.
- A property that doesn’t use XML connectivity services like property management systems (PMS) or channel managers.
- A maximum of 1 active rate plan.
- A Booking.com calendar view that shows 30 days at once. You can switch to this view under Your calendar settings under the Extranet's Rates & Availability tab.
(Not all property types are eligible for this feature).
To import and export your calendar, follow these steps:
1. Import calendar
This option is useful if you work with other online channels and want to both import and sync another calendar with your Booking.com calendar.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Copy the URL of an external calendar.
2. Log on to the Extranet and click the Calendar tab or Rates & Availability (or a specific room name under the tab to access its calendar), then scroll down to the Sync calendars box above the calendar.
3. Click the Import calendar button. In the pop-up box that appears, paste the Calendar's URL from your external calendar that you use on other sites.
4. Under Name your calendar, add a name and click the blue Import Calendar button to save the changes.
5. Wait for this message to appear: [Calendar name] is now synced to your Booking.com calendar. You can now refresh this calendar and add more imported calendars.
6. If this message appears: This isn't a valid iCal URL – please try again, the link might not be accessible, or it’s the wrong type of calendar link.
7. Every calendar you import will have the Refresh and Remove options that appear alongside them. Clicking Refresh automatically syncs the imported calendar. Clicking Remove deletes the imported calendar and stops any syncing.
2. Export calendar
This option lets you copy your room statuses on Booking.com to an external calendar like iCal, Google Calendar, or Outlook.
Here's how to do it:
1. Log on to the Extranet and click the Rates & Availability tab or Calendar (or a specific room name to access its calendar).
2. Scroll down to the Sync Calendars box below the calendar.
3. Click the blue Export Calendar button. In the pop-up box that appears, click Copy link and paste this link into your external calendar (e.g iCal, Google or Outlook). You can decide to only sync bookings, or sync bookings and the days you're closed.
To select how often the calendar syncs, check the settings on the external calendar you're using.
*Syncing individual reservations isn't always immediate, so don't use your calendar as a real-time record of your reservations.