Property names can only be changed in some cases.
If your property’s undergoing a change of ownership, we recommend you change the name.
It’s important for the property to go through the correct change of ownership process, and all information should be updated on our side and the property's side. You can find out more about change of ownership here.
After this process is complete, let us know about any name changes through the Inbox tab on your Extranet so we can update it.
If you’re making changes to your property name, keep the following points in mind:
- Use specific, unique names that won't confuse the customer.
- Think about people doing a Google search for the name. What would you type to find this property?
- Users tend to type in as little as possible to find the results they want to find.
- Avoid using punctuation marks like double quotes (“”), asterisks (*), and "at" signs (@). Ampersands (&), however, can be used to make the name shorter.
- Don’t capitalize whole words (even though acronyms can be used). For example Apartment VL Amsterdam, instead of Apartment VL AMSTERDAM.