Preferred is an exclusive status we offer to our high-performing properties. Once you meet the criteria listed below, you can opt into the program and benefit from extra features for a slightly higher commission amount.
Preferred properties will get extra visibility in the search results, next to a thumbs-up sign. A larger number of customers can easily see that we recommend your property as one performing well on Booking.com – and one that’s popular with bookers.
Preferred partners tend to have more visibility from more potential bookers, with an average of up to 65% more page views – and 35% more bookings.
Which criteria do we apply?
You should be performing among the top 30% of properties in your area and match the following criteria:
- Average guest review score of 7.0 or more
- Higher-than-average conversion rates (attracting lots of visitors to your page, who then go on to book)
- Low cancellation numbers (in relation to the number of visits to your page)
- A flawless payment record: you always pay your commission invoice on time
- You offer a good amount of availability and a selection of popular rates to Booking.com
To find out if you’re eligible to join the Preferred program, log on to your Extranet and click on the Opportunities tab. If you meet the above criteria, you'll see an option to Join now to opt in and start enjoying the benefits of being a preferred partner.
Note: After you've been part of the Preferred program for 90 days, we'll verify your eligibility every quarter to make sure you're still meeting the criteria of being a high-performing property.
To check your status throughout the year, check the Opportunities tab on the Extranet and click on Preferred Partner Program. We'll also let you know by email about any improvements you should make to stay in the program and how much time you'll have to work on this.