Need to open or close a room for a few days, or even more long term?
Depending on your property type, one of the following options will be available.
If you have a calendar with a monthly overview, follow these steps:
1. Next to your Extranet Home tab, select the option that matches your property’s view:
3. Click a date or select the start and end dates. Under Open or Close for bookings, click "I'm open" or "I'm closed."
4. Click Save when you’re done.
If you have a calendar with a room-list overview, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Rates & Availability tab, and select Calendar.
2. To open or close individual dates, just click the required date which will be highlighted in green if it’s open/bookable or red if it’s closed.
3. If you click on a red (closed) date, the color changes to green, indicating it’s now open/bookable for that specific date. If you click on a green (open/bookable) date, the color changes to red, meaning it’s now closed for that specific date. Changes are saved automatically as soon as the color of the field changes.
4. You can also decide to close the room completely, or just close a specific rate category.
To open a room for longer periods, follow the steps below:
- Click Edit next to Rooms to Sell.
- Select a date range and enter the number of rooms you want to open.
- Click Save changes to add availability for this period.
The field for these dates turns green, indicating the room is open/bookable for that period.
To close a room for longer periods, follow the steps below:
- Click Edit next to Rooms to sell.
- Select a date range and enter the number of rooms to sell as "0."
- Click Save changes to remove availability for this period.
The field for these dates turns yellow, meaning the room is closed for that period and guests can’t book the room on Booking.com.
Tip: Remember to always load prices for any dates you have opened – if you don’t, customers won’t be able to see these rooms on Booking.com.