Dear booking.com colleagues,
I would like to hear your stories how you make your guest experiences amazing and memorable?
Our approaches so far, besides the typical explaining the city map and escorting them to their room, includes the following:
- welcoming the guest by his/her name before he/she even says the first words (when it is possible of course. If we have only one Italian for example arriving today, we know who it is as soon as we see the car license plate and greet him by his name "Hello and welcome Mr. Marinetti" before he even says hello - every time very strong and effective);
- offering them a free welcome drink - a fresh glass of water with one fresh leaf of spice inside of it - very refreshing, economic and ecologic at the same time - win-win situation;
- personalizing their room - you can see on our Instagram how se do that;
- even if the guest comes from Mongolia, it does not matter, we great them in their language - we learn those few basic words if we have to, to show them respect;
- we always ask yourself "what will make the guest say "I can`t believe they did that""; this is our spark for new and creative approaches;
- VERY IMPPORTANT - Express heart-warmth and sincere appreciation for their arrival - hard to describe this one since it is all the the attitude and energy;
- doing weekly reflections on the newly received ratings with my reception team - to see where are our weaknesses and strong points.
Thank you for your feedbacks, shares and stories. I appreciate this dialog so we can all improve our sevices even more.
Best regards from Bled, Slovenia,
Front Office Manager