I am knew to this and sincerely need help for my 12 vacant rooms since listing as pa Terrance Lodges, Greyston Park. Harare. Zimbabwe. Anyone with time can view my listings on both booking.com and air b and b . I am open to advice.
1) Zero bookings since getting listed on booking.com 2 weeks ago. Only 1 air b and b booking from Australia last December when i got listed and was booked and positively reviewed by an Australian guest who liked my apartments. 2 direct bookings who equally liked my place for its tranquility and quietness notwithstanding charging 50% of my competitors fee as a market entry strategy and that was it.
3) Read all your valuable comments , tips and feedback but still no idea what a channel manager is and how one gets one.
4) I invited a young family member to assist as co host. Presumably she is equally clueless.
6) A colleague in town who is fully booked for her 2 suits in town is most encouraging but that is as far as it goes and I can understand why. She is probably busy with her own hosting business and so i do not blame her. She is there for me on whatsapp and even tries to offload her double bookings to me but her seem to prefer town compared to the suburbian location where I am. In fact I thank her for kick starting me with her UK guest for 2 nights who liked my place and promised to call again.
7) I disparately need bookings and believe my place is excellent as indicated by my only one Australian guest who reviewed me most positively, the UK guest and one direct guest.
8) I have a flat in town 20 minutes from the lodges which gets vacant next month as my long lease tenant was offered a job in Australia. My dilemma is do i look for another low return long lease tenant or switch the flat to my listings. Can I do that? can I add another property 20 minutes away in search for high returns when my suburban tranquil 4 lodges with 12 bedrooms in the most sought leafy suburb are empty.?Does it make business sense? Am I not better of carrying on with long leases for the flat or I proceed to furnish it in the hope of getting booked.?
9) I built the lodges specifically for business but taking off is proving to be an uphill task due to zero bookings.
10) Passionate about my business but starved of training . Really struggling and need help mates. So when I pumped into this platform and read all your valuable comments, suggestions, advice from ready to assist co hosts I felt the urge to cry out for help.